A friend sent me a link about a UFO sighting south of Mountain Home in February 2008. The article goes on to describe a terrifying event for a couple of travelers heading south towards Nevada. Here are some of the statement from their account of the UFO sighting:
- "We could see the orange lights in motion behind the cloud."
- "A couple of jets came from the West really fast and really low. They made sonic booms that vibrated through us."
- "That second time there was a huge, huge boom and at the same time it turned momentarily daytime!"
- "there was a "rain" of large leaf sized ashes, like snow drifting slowly down over us."
- "The next morning our faces felt burnt (like gasoline on skin feels) and we looked like we had got too much sun".
As much as I would like to believe the F-15's from Mountain Home Air Force Base did battle with some aliens and kicked their butts, I have my doubts. Considering the Mountain Home Training Range is located right in the same area this couple saw these strange events, I'd say they got to see one heck of an exciting training exercise.
I suspect the
flares they saw were normal operations with F-15 fighters. They use
them to confuse enemy missiles. And the large leaf sized ashes might
be explained away as chaff. Chaff is also used by F-15's to confuse
enemy "radar guided missiles".
While I hate to ruin a good story by using common every day things that may occur in the middle of the Mountain Home Training Range, I have to ask about the burnt faces this couple experienced. Strange happenings but I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation.
What do you think about this story?
|< Prev||Next >|